Tuesday, September 4, 2007

How to Write a Synopsis

Oh, thank goodness. Somebody asked me to do a post on how to write a synopsis a while back, and I got stuck on the examples part. I was awfully tempted to write a synopsis for The True Meaning of Smekday, which you should all run out and get right now. Or as soon as it's available. Whichever.

Alas, writing a synopsis for it would have ruined the book for those of you who Don't Want to Know the Ending. And writing a synopsis is a lot like writing a book—there're lots of different ways to do it right. Obviously there are even more ways to do it wrong, but if you've done a good job on your book, you can do a good job on your synopsis.

So I was thinking about how best to address this request, when, ta-dah! Nathan Bransford saved me the trouble. Thank you, Nathan.

5 comments:

Literaticat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Literaticat said...

I meant to say -- OK OK FINE I'LL READ SMEKDAY.

(I am so totally not into the title, though.)

Anonymous said...

I agree. That title is SO not a hook.

Deirdre Mundy said...

I don't know... I'm kind of curious since I don't know what a Smekday is.

If I saw it on the new books shelf at my library, I'd probably pick it up and read the jacket, at the very least.....

Evafhadilah28@gmail.com said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Makanan Pedas Untuk Ibu Hamil Dan Menyusui
Beberapa Jenis Olahraga Ringan Untuk Ibu Hamil
Obat Hamil Anggur Herbal
Obat Tradisional Tumor Limfoma
Obat Tradisional Tumor Bibir