Friday, August 1, 2008

Requested Manuscript Award:

Princess Ravenna seems to have it all: a big old palace, nice clothes, lots of shoes, a hot private tutor, and the ruling of a kingdom to look forward to. But Ravenna is a princess with problems. Her mother is basically permanently asleep (thanks to some badass fairy godmother), her father has vanished (thanks to some ogre that needed killing), her aunt and uncle hate her (and the feeling is mutual), she can’t stop stealing things (doesn’t want to), and her hunky tutor seems obsessed with her mastering hand-to-hand combat rather than the lip-to-lip peace talks she’d prefer (haiiii-ya). When she overhears a plan for her own murder, she goes underground with some rather questionable elves to upset her uncle’s schemes and return the kingdom to its rightful heir.
Sounds like this has a sense of humor. I'd request this. But are you sure about the word "hunky"? Feels a bit dated.

4 comments:

Susan at Stony River said...

I usually hate parenthetical comments (seriously) but I loved those...sounds like a fun read!

My kids would like this one. Hey you who sent it in, I'm waaaaaitiiinng. (get writing!)

Jennifer R. Hubbard said...

I want to meet the "questionable elves."

Helen Robertson said...

Thanks! This has given me the energy to keep working on the book. The questionable elves are entertaining (I hope) and disreputable.

Unknown said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Cara Menghilangkan Syaraf Kejepit
Obat Kista Ginjal Alami
Obat Amandel Paling Ampuh
Obat Herbal Penyakit Leptospirosis