Saturday, June 2, 2007

Faster, Bunny Rabbit! Kill! Kill!

Say an author submits a manuscript that you like and ultimately offer a contract. Next thing you know, you're dealing not with the writer but from the agent s/he was able to get because there's now an offer in hand. How do you feel about that?
No harm done. I’ll be significantly less ambivalent, though, if the author not only received my offer but agreed to it... and then failed to tell their new agent. Suddenly there’s an agent in the mix who thinks the advance and royalty are still up for negotiation, and is perhaps eager to prove their value to their new client.
As I said before, I don’t mind negotiating; not at all. Re-negotiating, though, shows a lack of understanding of the rules--and steams my bunny slippers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean by "ambivalent"?

Editorial Anonymous said...

I mean that normally I don't care whether an author has an agent or not. And I don't care at what point he/she gets an agent.
EA

Anonymous said...

Where is poor pussycat?

Anonymous said...

I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Atasi Varises Dengan Bawang Putih
Makanan Yang Harus Di Konsumsi Penderita Diabetes
Obat Penyakit Wasir Cair
Jauhi Makanan Ini Karena Mengandung Kolesterol Tinggi
Atasi Insomnia Dengan Yoga