Monday, September 8, 2008

Painted with My Own Snark

Dear Book Lovers and Grill Patrons,
At the Book Roast we slice and dice authors for free. If you haven’t dined with us before, stop by to hear about their books. Or jump in the oven and poke them with a meat thermometer to see if they're done. We're open for business the last part of every month to cook up authors from different genres. Authors will pop into the blog throughout the day to answer questions, share a laugh and toss out some insider tidbits. It's an interactive, conversational format. Join in the fun! Also, free books.
September’s menu selection kicks off with an editor and agent roast. We hope to see you there!!!

Editor/Agent Roast
Mon, Sept 8: Evil Editor
Tues, Sep 9: Editorial Anonymous
Wed, Sep 10: (publishing related topic)
Thurs, Sep 11: Moonrat
Fri, Sept 12: Janet Reid
Yes, you read that right. Tuesday will be your chance to tar and feather me over at Book Roast. I hope you'll use the good tar and feathers.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to this!

Would you like your tar with or without gravel?

Chris Eldin said...

YAY!!!!!!

*still in quite a bit of shock that EA agreed to this!*

:-)

Sarah Laurenson said...

Welcome to the grill. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Janet Reid said...

I may have to come by just to tell you how much I like your dinosaur.

none said...

Only the very best squirrel feathers.

Anonymous said...

For your question files: It seems to be the standard among big trade publishers that it takes a full year from the time the art is finished for a picture book to be published. Why is that? What's happening during that time?

Literaticat said...

I don't understand that website. It gives me a brain fever attack.

I am old.

Chris Eldin said...

Literaticat--

I am old too. Let's hug.
{hug}

It's a humorous site promoting books in an interactive setting. We figured that everyone has done the author interview bit to death, so we wanted to have a place to showcase an excerpt from the author's book, then have some fun.

Please come back!Everyone is really nice!
:-)

Stephanie J. Blake said...

I don't understand it either.

Chris Eldin said...

Colorado, hmmm....
I guess we have to do something.

It's a place to interact, live, with the authors. It's not the typical book chat where you ask the authors 'where did you get the idea for such and such character?' That's been done by people better than us.
We're just hanging out.
And we throw up 3 funny questions, adn the person whose answers are the funniest (according to the author), gets a free autographed book.
It's win/win for everyone. We all do this entirely for free. What we get out of it is meeting authors and networking. It's fun.

Hope you come over and give it a chance next week!

(EA, sorry to use your blog to explain our blog. Please feel free to delete this post if you want to.)

Mommy C said...

Hi EA! Not sure if you go in for this sort of thing or not, but Annick Press nominated me for the Brillante Weblog Premio, and I passed the nomination on to you. You can see it at http://www.quirkychildrenslit.blogspot.com

I love this blog. Thanks for all of the time you put into it.

Unknown said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Gagal Jantung Akut
Obat Alami Benjolan Di Selangkangan
Obat Difteri Herbal
Menghilangkan Nyeri Vagina Dengan Obat Herbal
Cara Menghilangkan Nyeri Saat Haid

Michele Day said...

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.

Recode.net
Information
Click Here
Visit Web